For users of Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S2 on Verizon, the carrier has started rolling out the Android Nougat Update as an OTA software update for the device. If you recall, Tab S2 on T-Mobile also received the update recently.
The update carries version NRD90M.T818VVRU1BQE1 and brings along the Android N (7.0) Update.
Software Version: NRD90M.T818VVRU1BQE1
This software update brings the latest Android® Nougat OS with a fresh, simple user interface, along with new ways to customize your device.
Here’s what the official support page on Verizon says about the latest software enhancements:
- Your Verizon Tab S2 has the latest look and feel with Android’s Nougat update.
- The new battery management page helps maximize your charge.
- Easier multitasking with split-screen view.
- Make your photos great the first time with the new Effects preview screen.
- Updated keyboard and improved language predictions.
- Keep all of your company’s mobile devices safe with Samsung Knox mobile security platform.
Before you download the update, connect your device to a Wi-Fi network, or make sure it has a strong Verizon Wireless network connection. Also, make sure the battery is fully charged.
To manually check for updates, head to Settings >> About phone >> Software updates >> Check for Updates.
If for any reason this software update doesn’t fully download, the Software Upgrade Assistant tool can provide immediate self-serve troubleshooting guidance.