After nearly a 7 month wait, Lenovo has finally announced the roll out of Android Nougat update for its Moto M smartphone in India. Launched back in December 2016, the Moto M smartphone is a mid-ranger device and packs in some decent specs for a price of Rs 15,999.
The Moto M comes in a splash-proof all-metal unibody design, with rounded corners and narrow edges just like the other Moto series of phones. It also sports a 5.5 inch Full-HD display with 2.5 curved glass on top.
Moto M Full Specifications:
- Display: 5.5-inch full HD (1920×1080 pixels) display with 2.5D curved glass and 401ppi.
- CPU: 2.2GHz MediaTek Helio P15 64-bit octa-core processor
- GPU: Mali T860MP2 GPU
- RAM:3GB/4GB LPDDR3 RAM.
- Storage: 32GB and 64GB (expandable up to 256GB via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 16-megapixel rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, and Phase Detection Auto-focus (PDAF) support.
- Front Camera: 8-megapixel camera up front with a built-in Beauty mode.
- Battery: 3,050mAh battery with support for fast charging.
- Connectivity: dual-SIM card slots, 4G with VoLTE support, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz+5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, 3.5mm audio jack, USB OTG, and USB Type-C port.
- OS: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow (Android Nougat update available).
But be please beware. This Nougat update is not at all bug free and many users have reported issues with network connectivity (can’t set 4G), microphone issues, poor Bluetooth connectivity etc. on their devices after updating to latest release. Please visit official Moto M support forum to investigate the issues before downloading and installing the update.
If you are interested in buying Moto M, head over to Flipkart to place your order.