We have previously reported that OnePlus has an event on 16th November. It was already made clear that the OnePlus 5T will be announced on 16th November.
Now the company has finally unveiled the smartphone at an event in Brooklyn, New York. In terms of specifications, the OnePlus 5T is nothing but an upgrade to the OnePlus 5. It is similar iteration like the OnePlus 3 & OnePlus 3T. The device comes with a big 6.01-inch full HD+(2160x1080p) Optic AMOLED display with an aspect ratio of 18:9. The device also comes with a curved 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection that also makes the device aesthetically appealing. The smartphone comes with 6GB and 8GB of RAM variants. In the storage department, the OnePlus 5T smartphone comes with 64GB and 128GB storage variants. The 2017-king SoC from Qualcomm, the Snapdragon 835 mobile platform is present in the OnePlus 5T.
In the camera department also there is a slight improvement. It now comes with a dual camera setup on the back. The primary sensor is the same 16MP snapper with f/1.7 aperture but the secondary sensor is changed. The secondary sensor on the back is upgraded with f/1.7 aperture. On the front, it comes with 16MP sensor.
- 6.01-inch full HD+(2106 ×1080p) Optic AMOLED display with 18:9 aspect ratio
- 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 6GB/8GB of RAM
- 64GB/128GB of internal storage
- Micro SD card slot
- 2.45GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform
- 16MP(f/1.7 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size) + 20MP(f/1.7 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size) dual main camera with EIS, 4K and Slo-Mo
- 16MP of front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Oxygen OS 4.7 with Android Nougat 7.1.1, Android Oreo 8.0 update available in early 2018
- Fingerprint Scanner
- Face unlock
- Dimensions: 156.1x75x7.3mm
- Weight: 162gms
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi , Bluetooth 5.0 aptX HD, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C(USB 2.0), NFC
- 3300mAh battery with Dash Charge (5V 4A)
The OnePlus 5T comes in Midnight Black colour. It will be available for purchase for $499 starting 21st November.