Samsung had now officially Android Oreo update for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 smartphone in India.
The better Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with Android Oreo comes to the size of 1472 MB in total. We recommend our readers to download the update via a strong Wi-Fi network. The firmware version N950FXXU3CRC1 is the one being rolled out to Galaxy Note 8 in India.
To improve your security, features that use biometrics (face, fingerprints, and irises) are only available when you use a secure screen lock type (pattern, PIN, or password). When you switch to a non-secure screen lock type (Swipe or None), biometric authentication is suspended for unlocking and for verification in apps like Samsung Pay and Samsung Pass. If you’re using biometrics now without a secure screen lock type, you’ll be able to continue after the upgrade, but changing to a secure screen lock type is recommended.
– Manage notifications for each app with notification categories (supported apps only).
– Icons will be shown at the bottom of the notification panel for notifications that aren’t currently visible.
– Touch and hold an app to display shortcuts to common or recommended tasks within the app (supported apps only).
– Notification badges on app icons are linked with the notification panel. Clear a notification in one location, and it will also be cleared in the other location.
– The toolbar gives quick access to useful functions.
– The GIF keyboard lets you send GIFs.
– More high-contrast keyboards are available.
– Background services are limited to improve performance and battery life.
– Currently running apps will always be shown in the notification panel.
– Improved font size, color, and other settings for better Edge panel visibility.
– Touch and hold the Edge panel handle to change its position.
– Added 3 more Edge lighting effects and color customization for apps.
Lock Screen and Always On Display
– New clock styles for the Lock screen and Always On Display.
– Adjust the transparency of notifications to get the look you want.
– Let your phone’s screen go dark when mirroring to another screen.
– Control your account settings and profile information for multiple apps.
– Tap your profile picture on the main Settings page to access your profile information and account settings.
– View and manage photos and notes stored only in Samsung Cloud.
– Store any type of file in Samsung Cloud Drive.
– Select specific items to delete or restore from your backups.
– See how big each backup is and how many items it contains.
Find My Mobile
– Back up Secure Folder remotely in Samsung Cloud when your phone is lost.
– Lock Samsung Pass using Find My Mobile.
– See more apps at once by changing the app list view to full-screen.
– Use Game launcher in Samsung DeX for a full-screen gaming experience.
– Added support for 2 additional Samsung covers (LED View Cover, Clear View Standing Cover).
– Bluetooth now supports high-quality audio codecs, including AAC and Sony LDAC.
– Video player includes auto repeat and 2x speed option.
– Voice Recorder provides smart tips to conveniently block calls while recording.
– Email lets you flag Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync emails.
– Samsung Health’s new sticky notification lets you see your step count at a glance.
– Clock now includes a Landscape mode and timer sound options.
– The digital clock widget goes directly to the Clock app when you tap it.
– Samsung Pass added the ability to manage usernames and passwords in third-party apps.
– Integrated LinkedIn content will no longer be shown in Email, Calendar, or Contacts.