There were many speculations and rumors that Samsung will release the refurbished models of Galaxy Note 7 in some countries to manage the loss happened due to the battery fiasco.
Now the company has officially unveiled the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 as Samsung Galaxy Note FE where ‘FE’ stands for Fan Edition. So this becomes a new Note smartphone from the company with a special edition name also. The smartphone is same as the original Galaxy Note 7 but some minor changes are there. The most important thing changed in this one is a smaller 3200mAh battery instead of 3500mAh one in the original Galaxy Note 7. It has got some software changes also and adopted to the Samsung UX found on Galaxy S8 series. The company has also included Samsung Bixby assistant in the Galaxy Note Fan Edition.
The Samsung Galaxy Note FE will be initially available in Korea. The company plans to sell 400,000 units of Galaxy Note FE in Korea. Availability of Galaxy Note FE in some other regions will be decided at a later date. Samsung has also made sure that this battery doesn’t blasts. The company has checked each battery through it’s 8 point check after the Galaxy S8 series.
The company says in official blog post, ” Samsung Electronics unveiled Galaxy Note FE with unopened Galaxy Note 7 and unused parts. The launch of ‘Galaxy Note FE’ is also meaningful in that it is an eco-friendly project that minimizes waste of resources by utilizing ‘Galaxy Note 7’ parts. ”
- 5.7-inch QHD (2560×1440p) Super AMOLED curved dual edge display with 518 PPI
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Exynos 8890/Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 64GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage with micro SD card support upto 256GB
- Water and dust resistance as per IP 68 standards
- New S Pen stylus
- Android Nougat with Samsung Experience version 8.1
- Dimensions: 153.5 x 73.9 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 169g
- Heart rate sensor, Fingerprint sensor, Iris scanner
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, NFC
- USB Type-C
- 3200mAh battery with fast charging
- Wireless charging with fast charging support
- Samsung Bixby personal assistant
- New S Pen with more functionality
- Accessories like power packs, View cover, stands etc.
- USB Type-C
- Always On Display
- Iris scanner for advanced security
- Secure folder to secure apps & other contents.(Opens with iris scanner)
- Dual curved Edge display
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Narrow bezels
Price & release date:
The Samsung Galaxy Note FE (Fan Edition) comes in Gold Platinum, Silver Titanium, Black Onyx and the new Blue Coral color variants. The smartphone will be available for purchase starting July 7 in many Korea. The device will available for Korean Won 699600. The company will also be providing a matching cover case with each smartphone.