Today Samsung started pushing beta update of Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 to it’s flagship phones, the Galaxy S6 and Samsung Galaxy Edge . It’s great news for Samsung users as they are using flagship devices and this shows Samsung’s commitment on Android Marshmallow update. This updates includes so many changes, features,performance and bug fixes.
This is still beta software so changelog is obviously large. The update includes new emoji , additional quick settings toggles for Private Mode in the status bar, improved visibility of notification panel icons. This update also includes some very famous features of Android Marshmallow like Google Now on tap & Doze mode for battery saving. Individual app permission is also added in stock Android after Marshmallow.
Some changes are listed below,
- Additional Quick Settings toggles for Private Mode in the status bar.
- Some new emoji characters.
- Visibility of notification panel icons has been improved
- A new “Install Overnight” option, to update installation time 2:00 and 5:00 a.m.
- A new interface for the Edge screen settings, including an “Edge Panels” option.
- In fingerprint identification, vibration occurs only when it’s not recognized.
- A customizable Edge panel.
- Support for profiles that can automatically change based on location.
You can refer to our collated list for all the Android devices eligible for Android 6.0 Marsmallow update or already receiving it.