Sony has launched two new smartphones at the MWC 2018 event today. The second smartphone introduced today is the Xperia XZ2 Compact.
The Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact is nothing but a smaller version of the regular Xperia XZ2. The Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact comes with a big enough 5-inch full HD+ (2160x1080p) display on the front. The display is protected with curved Corning Gorilla Glass 5. Other interests include 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. The Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact becomes second smartphone in the world to come with an Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 mobile platform.
In the camera department, the Sony Xperia XZ2 Compactcomes with a 19MP of main camera with f/2.0 aperture and 4K video support and super slo-mo. On the front, the device is equipped with 5MP snapper.
- 5-inch (2160 x 1080 pixels) 18:9 Triluminos HDR Display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM
- 64GB of internal storage
- Micro SD card slot
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform
- 19MP rear camera with Exmos RS sensor, 1/2.3″ sensor, f/2.0 lens, Predictive capture, 5-axis stabilization, 4K video recording, 960fps slow-motion video
- 5MP front-facing camera with 1/ 5″ Exmor RS sensor, 23mm super wide-angle, f/2.2 aperture
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speaker with S-Force Front Surround, DSEE HX, LDAC
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 135 x 65x 12.1mm;
- Weight: 168gms
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- 3180mAh Battery with Qnovo Adaptive Charging technology, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, Qi Wireless charging
The Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact comes in Liquid Black, Liquid Silver, Deep Green and Ash Pink colors. It will be available from March for an unknown price.