Typing on our Android smartphones is perhaps the most or at least one of the most Important feature / function everyone uses daily. While the native Android Keyboard is good, we can always enhance our typing experience by using third-party Keyboards available in Google Play Store. Here, we have made a list of Top 5 Android keyboard that may be really the best out of the lot.
1. Swiftkey Keyboard
SwiftKey Keyboard uses Artificial Intelligence to automatically learn your writing style, including the emoji you love to use (if you use emoji), the words that matter to you and how you like to type. That means auto-correct and predictive text that actually works because it adapts to you.
SwiftKey Keyboard caters for all typing tastes – all colours, designs and themes. Support for 100+ languages. Tapping or swipe-to-type. Tonnes of emoji (smileys, emoticons). No emoji. Or emoji keyboard predictions learned from how you’ve used emoji before.
– Kills your typos
– Type faster with A.I.-powered predictions
– Simply swipe-to-type with SwiftKey Flow
– Autocorrect that actually works
– Always learning your slang, nicknames and phrases
– 70+ colours, designs and themes
– Emoji keyboard – learns and predicts your favourite emoticons
– Bilingual autocorrect across 100+ languages
– Teach the autocorrect your quirks from your online accounts
2. Google Keyboard
Google Keyboard makes typing fast and easy with gesture and voice. Glide through letters with Gesture Typing to enter words – just lift your finger to finish a word and gesture again, no spacebar required. Compose text on the go with Voice Typing. When you can’t find the right words, express yourself with hundreds of perfect emoji. Works on all your Android devices.
• Gesture Typing: Slide your finger from letter to letter. Completes a word before you’ve finished the gesture, especially useful when gesturing longer words.
• Voice Typing: Touch the microphone to simply dictate your text.
• Word completion suggestions, automatic corrections and next-word prediction based on the words that you have typed.
• Emoji: Press and hold Enter to choose from hundreds of emoji in any app (Android 4.4+).
• Learns as you type: No need to manually add words to a personal dictionary. Type a word once and you can gesture type it or find it in suggestions next time. Long press a suggestion to remove it from your “learned words” or the keyboard dictionary.
• Sync your learned words across devices to improve suggestions: To turn on keyboard syncing, go to Settings → Language & input → Google Keyboard → Dictionary → Sync learned words.
• Gesture cursor control: Slide your finger across the spacebar to move the cursor.
• Gesture delete: Slide left from the delete key to quickly delete multiple words.
• Symbols hints: Show quick hints on your keys to access symbols with a long press (enable in Google Keyboard Settings → Preferences → Long press for symbols).
• One handed mode: On large screen phones, pin keyboard to the left or the right of the screen by long pressing on Enter and selecting the thumb icon.
• Fast symbols: Gesture from the “?!☺” key to temporarily switch to the symbols keyboard and insert a symbol.
• Fast capitalisation: Gesture from the SHIFT key to a character to capitalise it.
• Choose a layout with or without key borders to suit your style.
3. Go Keyboard
★ FREE emoji, emoticons, sticker and other smiley faces (ʘ‿ʘ)
It is free to use a pack of 800 emoticons, emoji, and sticker.
★ PERSONALIZED EXPERT
There are 10000+ colorful themes compatible with emoji keyboard and new themes are delivered weekly! You could also set keyboard background wallpaper.
★ WORD CORRECTION
Smart enough to recognize mistyping, provide correction suggestions and make your typing easy.
★ POPULAR FONTS
We offer you over 100 beatiful fonts including Toshiyana, Rayna, Elgtion, Basileia and other popular font.
★ VARIOUS LAYOUTS, gesture typing and support for tablet device
It provides various layouts such as QWERTY keyboard, QWERTZ and AZERTY keyboard for pad tablet.
★ TYPE what you speak
Free you with voice input. The more you use it, the better it recognizes what you want and gives you accurate word suggestions.
★ PRIVACY and security
We will never collect your personal info including credit card information. In fact, we cares for privacy of what you type and who you type!
4. Flesky+ GIF Keyboard
Fleksy is the most fun, customizable way to type, and officially the fastest keyboard in the world. Fleksy is the only keyboard that allows you to find and send GIFs, and customize your keyboard with powerful Extensions and beautiful themes.
Use Fleksy Extensions like: GIFs, Android Launcher, Editor, Number Row, Keyboard Shortcuts, Invisible Keyboard, and Rainbow Key Pops
• “This is much better than your standard input methods and predictive text engines.” – TechCrunch
POWERFUL EXTENSIONS FOR CUSTOM FUNCTIONALITY
Use Fleksy Extensions to customize your keyboard with incredibly powerful features. Have more fun with the ONLY Keyboard with GIF support. Navigate apps right from your keyboard with Launcher. Copy/paste, control your cursor, and more with Editor. Or, customize Fleksy with an easy-access Number Row, quick Keyboard Shortcuts, or a fun Rainbow Pop effect when you type. Fleksy gives you 3 slots FREE, so you can mix, match, and try all 7!
5. TouchPal Keyboard
TouchPal Keyboard is a free Keyboard for Android phone that helps you to type fast and easy with curve and prediction. Besides, users can fast input over 1000 emoji, emoticons, smileys and text faces conveniently everywhere.
In 2009, TouchPal Keyboard won the award of Mobile Innovation at the GSMA Global Mobile Awards in Barcelona.
Highlights of TouchPal Keyboard:
– Input Emoji, Emoticons and smileys anywhere conveniently.
– Customizable keyboard color, wallpaper and layout as you like.
– Colorful themes: 100+ Colorful Themes available and DIY your own theme.
– Contextual Prediction: Most powerful error correction: correct mistyping, spelling errors and capitalization automatically.
– Show emoticons and emoji as candidate.
– Over 97 languages supported.
– Text face ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), (ʘ‿ʘ).
– Set personal photo as keyboard themes.
– Cloud prediction: Enhance next word prediction and other predictions by cloud computing.
Other advanced features:
– TouchPal Curve – sliding to input smoothly.
– Copy, cut, paste and arrow key.
– Clipboard for multiple fast copy and paste.
– Auto-pair for symbols like () “”. Long press on the symbol to try it.
Do let us know in comments if you think that other Keyboards can also be part of this list and we will include them too.