As expected and scheduled, Chinese smartphone OEM Xiaomi has now officially introduced its next flagship smartphone in the country. The company had scheduled an event in Shenzhen to unveil the next flagship smartphone.
The next flagship smartphone from Xiaomi is called the Xiaomi Mi 8 marking the 8th anniversary of Mi brand. The device comes with some trending specifications and features. It is made of 7000 series aluminum frame with a glass body on the back. The back also houses a fingerprint scanner. The device comes with a unique water drop arc design on the back with 4 sided curves. The device comes with enhanced security with the help of IR Face unlock on the front which is much different and advanced from what current Android manufacturers offer.
- 6.21-inch Full HD+ 18.7:9 (2248x1080p) AMOLED display with 600 nits brightness, 60000:1 contrast ratio, DCI-P3 color gamut
- 6GB of LPDDR4X RAM
- 64GB/128GB/256GB of native storage
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform
- 12MP(Sony IMX363 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size) + 12MP(Samsung S5K3M3 sensor,f/2.4 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size) dual main camera with dual-tone LED flash, 4-axis OIS, Optical zoom, 4K video recording, 2X zoom
- 20MP front camera with real-time AI portraits
- Android Oreo 8.1 with MIUI 9, Planned upgrade to MIUI 10
- IR Face unlock, Fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 154.9×74.8x 7.6 mm
- Weight: 175g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi, Bluetooth 5, Dual-frequency GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3400mAh battery with QC 4+ fast charging