Asus had an event in Barcelona during the ongoing MWC 2018. At the MWC 2018, the company unveiled some new smartphones under the Asus Zenfone 5 lineup.
The first smartphone from Asus introduced today is the Asus Zenfone 5. The Zenfone 5 from Asus comes with a huge 6.2-inch display with a nearly bezel-less form factor. The display in Asus Zenfone 5 uses a notch on the top but this one is 26% smaller than that of iPhone X. The display uses an aspect ratio of 19:9 with full HD+ panel. Inside the device is sitting an Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon custom Kryo based Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 mobile platform which was also seen in the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro. Other specs include two different RAM & storage variants. One with 4GB of RAM & 64GB of native storage and the other one with 6GB RAM & 128GB of internal storage.
Asus calls the Zenfone 5 series an Intelligent Phone because it uses lots of AI. It comes with a dual camera setup on the back with AI modes that can detect upto 16 different sceneries.
- Model number – ZE620KL
- 6.2-inch (2246 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 display with 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 4GB/6GB of LPDDR4X RAM
- 64GB/128GB of internal storage
- Micro SD card slot
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm Mobile Platform
- 12MP(Sony IMX363 sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 0.03s Tri Tech auto-focus/Dual Pixel PDAF/ 4-axis OIS/EIS, Pro mode with RAW support) + 8MP(f/2.0 aperture and 120-Degree wide angle lens) of dual main camera with dual-tone LED Flash
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, OV8856 sensor, 83-degree wide-angle lens
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) with ZenUI 5.0, upgradable to Android P
- Fingerprint sensor, Face unlock
- Dual speakers with NXP 9874 Smart AMP, Hi-Res Audio 192kHz/24b-bit, DTS Headphone: X for 7.1 channel surround sound, dual microphones
- Dimensions: 158×75.6×7.7mm
- Weight: 155gms
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- USB Type-C (2.0)
- 3300mAh battery with ASUS BoostMaster fast charging and AI charging