Alcatel was always a smartphone maker. But now they have entered into wearables market with a unique product, a kid watch cum band named ‘One Touch CareTime Kids Watch’. They have launched a kid watch that lets you take care of your kid track your kid’s movement& actual position through GPS.. The band supports 2G connectivity & it has GPS built in. It is capable of storing 10 contacts & it can send direct message to upto 5 selected contacts. It can select 10 contacts for messaging & 5 for calling. The GPS function help parents’ monitor the exact location of their child. It is designed for kids of 5-9 years old.
The UI of the OneTouch Caretime is very simple & fluid with most important features on top.There is a button of SOS which is used for emergency.
Specifications of OneTouch CareTime :
- 40 x 40 x 15.8 mm body
- 0.95” black and white OLED display, 96×64 pixels
- Nucleus operating system
- 380mAh battery, up to 4 days of standby
- GSM 900/1800MHz (2G) for Europe, US version will operate on 3G and/or LTE
- IP65 dust and water resistance (dust proof; can be sprayed by water)
- WiFi 802.11n and Bluetooth 4.0
- Two-way calls with microphone and speaker
- Step tracking
- Charges with a small magnetic dock
- Companion app is compatible with phones running Android 4.3 and above, iOS 7 and above
Pricing & Availability :
The watch will go on sale starting April in Europe & Latin America for $120. It will arrive in USA in late 2016.