Huawei has announced its successor to the Honor series — Honor Magic, in China. The company’s latest smartphone packs a punch with some unseen AI features. The phone comes with a 3D curved glass AMOLED display and runs on Android Marshmallow with a custom Honor Magic Live OS.
It is powered by an Octa-Core Kirin 950 SoC (based on the 16nm process) paired with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage, with no support for the microSD card.
As far the cameras are concerned, there is a dual 12-megapixel rear camera set up which assures acceptable shots in low-light conditions, similar to the Honor 8. On the front, a 8MP camera with f/2.0 aperture.
Now, let us talk of the cool AI features.
WiseScreen Sensor Magic intelligent sensor: When you pick up the phone, its infrared sensors scan not just your face, but also your hands (fingerprint scan) to verify that it is really you. Put it down, and it locks itself.
FaceCode Intelligent Recognition: Whenever you receive a new notification, it scans your face and only reveal messages when the phone has verified it’s you.
DeepThink: Pressing and holding the home button while browsing offers a multi-facets information based on the current webpage you visit.
If it’s dark, the phone can surface a flashlight option.
When you are at the post-office, it will pull up the tracking number for you to use. (GPS+AI).
Honor Magic specifications
- 5.09-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD AMOLED 3D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Kirin 950 (2.3GHz 4 x A72 + 1.8GHz 4 x A53) 16nm processor with Mali T880-MP4 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Honor Magic Live OS
- Dual SIM
- 12MP dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 6P lens, 1.4um pixel size
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 146.1×69.9x 7.8 mm
- Weight: 145g
- 4G, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 2900mAh battery with Huawei Magic Power fast charging
The Honor Magic comes in Golden black and Porcelain white colors and is priced at 3699 yuan (US$ 532 / Rs. 36100 approx.) and will be available for order in China starting from December 16th.