Earlier today we reported about the Chinese OEM Xiaomi introducing its next flagship smartphone as the Xiaomi Mi 8. Along with the Mi 8, the company also unveiled a new Mi 8 Explorer Edition of the device which brings some improvements over the regular Mi 8.
The Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer Edition device comes with some trending specifications and features. It is made of 7000 series aluminum frame with a glass body on the back. The device comes in a new in-display fingerprint scanner which was first made available in the Vivo X21. The device comes with a unique water drop arc design on the back with 4 sided curves. The device comes with enhanced security with the help of 3D Face unlock on the front which is much different and advanced from what current Android manufacturers offer.
- 6.21-inch Full HD+ 18.7:9 (2248x1080p) AMOLED display with 600 nits brightness, 60000:1 contrast ratio, DCI-P3 color gamut
- 8GB of LPDDR4X RAM
- 256GB of native storage
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform
- 12MP(Sony IMX363 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size) + 12MP(Samsung S5K3M3 sensor,f/2.4 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size) dual main camera with dual-tone LED flash, 4-axis OIS, Optical zoom, 4K video recording, 2X zoom
- 20MP front camera with real-time AI portraits
- Android Oreo 8.1 with MIUI 9, Planned upgrade to MIUI 10
- 3D Face unlock, In-Display Fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 154.9×74.8x 7.6 mm
- Weight: 175g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi, Bluetooth 5, Dual-frequency GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC
- USB Type-C
- 3400mAh battery with QC 4+ fast charging